Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Beach cycling trip

A beautiful weekend in Holland again and without even knowing it, I followed in Diane and Chris Saturday footsteps and visited Alkmaar on Sunday. (See Chris's blog for pictures of the beach and the cool glass that they found). With a map of a 50 km cycle trail, I ventured north of Amsterdam again to do another cycling loop by bicycle. However, I admit I could not find the trail. So after searching for about 30 minutes, I gave up - parked the car and followed everyone else. I found several paths in the dunes all leading to the beautiful sandy beaches of Alkmaar. There were several people out riding around. After visiting for a while, I went back through some of the towns and found some interesting sites to take some pictures which are below. Of course, I also found a local ice cream palor that had freshly made vanilla ice cream cones as big as your fist. Delicious. What a great way to spend a sunny day in Amsterdam.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really did a good job with this. Everyone back in US will enjoy what you included. M/D

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home