Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Friday, April 07, 2006

Zermatt: Tiny town with beautiful sights

After a great visit in Lech, we were off for Zermatt, Switzerland. Highly recommended and hard to find on a map, I knew the trip would be a great one as soon as we started off with a beautiful train ride from Geneva to Visp and then to Zermatt on the Glacier Express. I was reminded of our friend Joe's vacation comment in Lech ("I dig trains") as it was definitely applicable in this case. Riding the train around Lake Geneva - surrounded by mountains, wineyards, and water - it was great. We arrived in Zermatt and spent the weekend hanging out and relaxing. It was very quiet and very nice. We toured the town and the mountains (as the pictures show) and enjoyed some time away. I decided to get the skiis out and try the Swiss Alps (given that I was now a pro...well, more like a beginner with confidence) and I spent one of the days skiing. Given that this area is designed for immediate / advanced skiers (so I was barely qualified), Derek decided to give his skiing legs a rest. Check out the pictures - there are some really good ones. Now it is back to reality... but the count down to Marilyn's arrival begins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home