Name:
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Brooke's Blog

Today I am sending out the invitation to my blog to my friends, family and co-workers. I have been writing on the blog for the last couple of weeks. Just trying to make sure I could figure out how to operate it (instead of writing one thing, sending the message out, then realizing I don't know how to write HMTL code and never writing again). But I think I have it figured out, and I hope that everyone enjoys it. To me, this is just like scrap booking.....actually easier because it is quicker! Where that would take me 4 hrs to make 2 booking pages, the message and a few pictures only takes a few minutes - and I am able to share it with everyone - real time. Have a funny story about how we couldn't get the cable TV set up last night - write about it and share it with friends and family (true story - see below :-), want to know about how to do laundy in the Netherlands (how do you add soap, where is this water coming from, why does it take 4 hrs? well, that post is coming - I am working on it currently - make sure you come back to visit again :-). So, I hope that you enjoy the stories and the pictures. Things are going well, I am still continuing to adjust to the new place, new job, and new people. It is so hard starting fresh with no idea how to do anything. Where to buy things, how to get money, how to register so that you are not kicked out of the country, how to ride a bike with 4 bags of groceries hanging from the handle bars. So, I am still in the period of adjustment, but I am definitely learning something new everyday. With that experience comes knowledge and with that knowledge comes a sense of accomplishment that you can do anything, anywhere. So, I hope you enjoy, leave whatever comments you would like, and I hope to talk to you soon!!! Now, I am off on vacation - the Italian Riviera - here I come (and come back to see those pictures next week!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home